Brief Profile of Mr. Vinod Zutshi
Mr. Vinod Zutshi joined Indian Administrative Service (IAS) in 1982. Mr. Zutshi has 35 Years of leadership experience in Administration, with long experience and exposure in the fields of Travel & Tourism. He served as Secretary, Ministry of Tourism, Govt. of India between 2015 to 2017. Mr. Vinod Zutshi is now into the Profession of “Consultancy and Advisory” and offers Consultancy & Advisory Services in the field of Tourism & Travel. He is also a Resource Person on this subject. An Alumni of Harvard Kennedy School (Harvard University) and MBA from Faculty of Management Studies, Delhi University, he has successfully applied Management Tools & Techniques in the fields ofTravel & Tourism, Culture and Civil Aviation.
As Secretary, Ministry of Tourism, Government of India Mr. Zutshi formulated policies, schemes and programs for development and promotion of tourism in India. Through his strategic initiatives and excellence in execution, India achieved an unprecedented growth in tourism sector.Mr. Zutshi also held the following important positions in Tourism Sector:
– Secretary, Ministry of Culture, Govt. of India;
– Vice Chairman, National Tourism Advisory Council, India
– Member Secretary, National Medical and Wellness Tourism Board of Ministry of Tourism
– Chairman PATA Chapter India;
– Board Member, PATA
– Chairman, NCHMCT;
– Chairman, Board of Governors, IHM, Pusa
– Vice Chairman, Board of Governors, IITTM;
Mr. Zutshi represented India,
At 28th Joint Meeting of UNWTO Commission for South Asia held at Nara, Japan in June 2016.
At WTM 2016, Represented India in the session at WTM Responsible Tourism Stand
At WTM 2016, represented India in the Seminar on Wellness Tourism organised by Global Wellness Institute
At the launching of International Year of Sustainable Tourism for development at Madrid, Spain in January, 2017.
At UNWTO – WTM Ministers Summit on “Tourism & Security – Promoting Safe and Seamless Travel” during WTM 2016.
At UNWTO – WTM Ministers Summit on “Destination Branding – Digitalization in Tourism” in WTM 2015.
At T-20 Tourism Ministers Summit at Antalya, Turkey in 2015.
At International Conference on Developing Sustainable and Inclusive Buddhist Heritage and Pilgrimage Circuit in South Asia’s Buddhist Heartland in Dhaka, Bangladesh in October, 2015.
As Member in PATA Board Meeting at Jakarta, Indonesia in 2016.
At Indo-ASEAN Summit in Manila, Philippines in 2016.
As Head of Indian Delegation at ITB, Berlin 2016.
As Head of Indian Delegation at the World Travel Market (WTM), London in November, 2016.
As Head of Indian Delegation at the World Travel Market (WTM), London in November, 2015.
Represented Health Travel Council of India at Azerbaijan on the invitation of Government of Azerbaijan at the international conference on Thermal Tourism.
Some of the key achievements & Strategic Initiatives of Mr. Zutshi have been as follows:
Showcased brand Incredible India at all important International Forums held at ITB Berlin, WTM London, FITUR, Madrid, T-20 Tourism Ministers Summit at Antalya, Turkey, Indo-ASEAN Summit in Manila, Philippines and International Conference on Developing Sustainable and Inclusive Buddhist Heritage and Pilgrimage Circuit in Dhaka, Bangladesh
Showcased India as a leader in Health and Wellness Tourism at International forums including ITB Berlin.
Contributed to the global issue of Tourism & Security – Promoting Safe and Seamless Travel while participating at UNWTO-WTM Tourism Ministers Summit.
Contributed to the global issue of Destination Branding – Digitalization in Tourism at UNWTO – WTM Tourism Ministers Summit.
Promoted the global issue of Sustainable Tourism in India and chartered the road map to implement UNWTO agenda for International Year of Sustainable Tourism for development.
Acted proactively for the cause of Responsible Tourism as a spokesperson on the subject at Responsible Tourism Stand at WTM 2016 and WTM 2017.
– Facilitated E-Visa reforms and expansion of e-visa facilities to 161 countries
– Organised the first ever “Incredible India Tourism Investors” Summit in New Delhi in September 2016
– Launched an aggressive Incredible India promotion campaign globally. A new system of Comprehensive Global Media Plan was also initiated.
– Social Media plan and Social Media campaigning launched for the first time for India Tourism promotion
– Facilitated development of public tourism infrastructure by sanctioning more than 50 tourism projects in the Country under Swadesh Darshan and Prasad Schemes to the tune of over Rs 5000 crores (more than 800 million dollars)
– Started a new venture 24×7 helpline for tourists in 12 languages
– Introduced an innovative scheme of providing “Welcome Kit with SIM Card” to foreign tourists visiting India on E-Tourist Visa
– Organised new events called “Bharat Parv’’ on Republic Day 2016, Independence Day 2016 & Republic Day 2017
– Started a new system of appointing Public relation agencies in foreign countries to promote India Tourism
– Signed MOU with Eco-Tourism Society to Promote Eco-Tourism
– International Buddhist Conclave at Sarnath& Bodhgaya, International Tourism Marts in Sikkim in 2015 & Manipur in 2016
Mr. Zutshi also served as Secretary, Department of Tourism, Government of Rajasthan, India where he formulated policies for development and promotion of Tourism in Rajasthan State in India. He also held the following positions in Tourism Sector in Rajasthan:
– Secretary, Department of Civil Aviation, Govt. of Rajasthan
– Commissioner, Tourism, Govt. of Rajasthan
– Chairman and Managing Director, Rajasthan Tourism Development Corporation
– Chairman, State Institute of Hotel Management, Jaipur and Jodhpur
Mr. Vinod Zutshi has travelled far and wide during his long career in official capacities. He has travelled to USA, UK, Germany, France, Netherlands, Austria, Spain, Jamaica, Georgia, Kyrgyzstan, China, Hong Kong, Turkey, Australia, Italy, Azerbaijan, Malaysia, Indonesia, Philippines, Thailand, Singapore, Sri Lanka, Nepal, Japan and Bangladesh.
Mr. Vinod Zutshi is presently Consultant and Advisor for Travel & Tourism Sector and is based in New Delhi. He is also an honorary member/representative in the following organizations and committees dealing with travel & tourism sector:
• Member, Managing Committee (Special Invitee) of National Apex Body of PHD Chamber of Commerce & Industry, New Delhi
• Executive Member of India Cruise Lines Association (InCLA)
• Member, Board of Trustees, Foundation for Aviation & Sustainable Tourism (FAST), New Delhi
• Honorary Member, Tourism Committee, PHD Chamber of Commerce & Industry, New Delhi
• Honorary President, Health Travel Council of India
• Member of CII National Committee on Tourism & Hospitality, New Delhi
• Honorary Member, Ecotourism Society of India (ESOI), New Delhi
• Advisor, “Destination Reporter”, an India Travel Magazine
• Special Invitee, PHD Chamber of Commerce & Industry, Rajasthan Chapter.